Skip to main content
Dragør Havn Beghuset Dragør Museum

The Old Houses on the Harbor

Photo: Annette Nyvang

The port of Dragør has been the hub of countless maritime activities since the Middle Ages: herring fishing, shipping, privateering, piloting and the salvage of grounded ships – it used to be one of Denmark's largest shipping towns.

List
Map
Blacksmith - City House
Photo: VisitDragør

Blacksmith - City House

The building is believed to originate from 1753, when the town council decided to erect a house to accommodate a blacksmith and a harbor equipment warehouse. It is thus, together with the pitch house,...

Info
The Old Port Office
Photo: VisitDragør

The Old Port Office

The house was built as a Port Office in the mid-19th century. In the same place had previously been a wooden building.

At the time of construction, there were several doors in the building, but excep...

Info
Pitch House
Photo: VisitDragør

Pitch House

In the Pitch House, tar and pitch were cooked for calving the ships. The house, built by the Board of Trustees during the 18th century, therefore consists in all its simplicity of an open fireplace wi...

Info
The Old Pilot Station
Photo: VisitDragør

The Old Pilot Station

There has been a royal pilot service in Dragør since 1684 - in the 1820s it was decided to build a house on the harbor so that the pilots could keep watch in dry conditions.

The house was built next ...

Info
Pilot Tower
Photo: VisitDragør

Pilot Tower

The Pilot Tower is located east of the old pilot station and, with just under 16 meters in height, is the tallest building on the harbor.

The tower was built because Dragør Fort, built 1910-1915, blo...

Info
Strandhotellet (Beach Hotel)
Photo: VisitDragør

Strandhotellet (Beach Hotel)

Where Dragør Strandhotel is today, in the herring market era in the 16th century there was an inn, which was later called Gamle Kro (Old Inn).

It is one of the oldest pubs in Denmark, and from the mi...

Info
Cholera Building
Photo: VisitDragør

Cholera Building

The first house at the beginning of the Northern Mole is called the Kolera Building. It was built by the naval state during the English War 1807-1814 to use the roflotile stationed here.

Further afie...

Info
Quarantine House
Photo: VisitDragør

Quarantine House

The Quarantine House was built in 1831 when a cholera epidemic threatened the south. Vessels coming from Baltic ports suspected of being affected by the epidemic were quarantined in the house.

The sa...

Info
Warehouse on North Pier
Photo: VisitDragør

Warehouse on North Pier

The warehouse was erected in 1863 by shipowner C.C. Jans and was used as a warehouse from the beginning. Later it was also used as a material trade.

The house was for many years called Greisens Pakhu...

Info

:

Other pages

Useful links

Visit Dragoer © 2022
English